The GREATEST Fish: Goonch Catfish Expeditions
“To catch & release the GREATEST Fish in the History of Mankind”.
This is the bold mission statement at our core that helps set us apart from other Fishing Expedition Operators. The GREATEST Fish Team fully understand what is required to give our Guest Anglers the very best chance of catching and releasing a GREAT Fish from wonderful and remote locations. We are run by Anglers for Anglers.
At the GREATEST Fish we really CARE about what our Guest Anglers catch and release on every one of our trips! We carry out advanced reconnaissance trips to our chosen locations to find features and fish, iron out possible issues, and we ONLY take Guest Anglers at suitable times of the year.
We know that being at the right location, at the right time, with the right bait, presented in the right way is key to success when fishing for illusive species like the Goonch.
To this end our GREATEST Fish Guides tirelessly make sure everything is in place for our Guest Anglers to maximise their chances of catching a GREAT Fish.
Best Times of Year:
- April to end of June
- Mid-September to end of October
- Minimum: 5 Days Fishing
- Recommended: 10 Days Fishing
Current Trip Locations:
- Ramganga River, N. India
- Seti River, Nepal
- Karnali River, Nepal
- Beas River, N. India
Number of Anglers:
- Minimum: 2 Anglers
- Maximum: 6 Anglers
(Note: At each location we have several pools that can each accommodate 2 Anglers fishing 2 rods each. A group of 4 or more Anglers can reserve the Camp for their sole use for the duration of their trip).
Standard of Service:
- Pre-Trip – Goonch Tackle Advice is provided to all Guest Anglers.
- Pre-Trip – Goonch Catch & Release Rules and Tackle Rules are provided to all Guest Anglers.
- Meet and Greet is provided at Airport Arrivals Terminal and Transfer to the GREATEST Fish Camp. Transfer back to the Airport Departures Terminal at end of the trip is provided and included in the trip price for all Guest Anglers.
- At the camp a GREATEST Fish Guide will be on-hand to assist Guest Anglers with tackle advice, angling techniques, camp related queries, and travel logistics.
- Our camps are an excellent standard with individual tented accommodation, a shower tent, a toilet tent, and a communal sheltered dining area. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner are included in the trip price. Meals can be served bankside as required.
- Non-Angling Partners are also welcome at camp at a reduced rate. Additional excursions such as; National Park Visits, Paragliding, Trekking, Birdwatching, Kayaking, Village & Temple Visits, and other excursions can be organised for you by The GREATEST Fish (just let us have suitable advanced notice please).
Trip prices vary depending on the Location, Number of Anglers, and the Trip Duration. Our trips as well as being focused and unique, are also very competitive. For Quotes with a draft Itinerary based on your preferred dates please contact us at Email: email@example.com
The Prehistoric Goonch:
The Goonch sometimes referred to as the “Giant Devil Catfish” has to be one of the ultimate Angler challenges in freshwater. Not only is the Goonch notoriously hard to locate and trick in to taking a bait, but once hooked Goonch are very powerful fish that use the rocks in the river to avoid capture.
People think Goonch are “Slow”, however they are anything but slow and in fact swim very very fast when hooked!! Our Guides describe hooking a Big Goonch as like hooking into a ” Raging Bull !! “
A Goonch close up is a sight to behold and unlike any other fish. Whether cradled in the hands of a lucky Angler or seen powering effortlessly through the clear river once hooked the Goonch is an awe inspiring sight that is never forgotten by the lucky few.
The Goonch’s rubberised skin, head, body, and fins are perfectly adapted for living in the fast rocky rivers of the Himalayan Foothills. Big Goonch can lie alongside Mugger Crocodiles and Gharials knowing they have nothing to fear, their stocky robust structure and hydrodynamic design has remained unchanged for many millennia. Quite simply only once you have hooked, landed, and seen close-up a BIG Goonch do you realise that this is a truly GREAT Fish like no other!
Why not join the GREATEST Fish Team to track down, capture, and release your GREATEST Goonch!
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org