The GREATEST Fish: Golden Mahseer Expeditions
“To catch & release the GREATEST Fish in the History of Mankind”.
This is the bold mission statement at our core that helps set us apart from other Fishing Expedition Operators. The GREATEST Fish Team fully understand what is required to give our Guest Anglers the very best chance of catching and releasing a GREAT Fish from wonderful and remote locations.
At the GREATEST Fish we really CARE about what our Guest Anglers catch and release on every one of our trips! We carry out advanced reconnaissance trips to our chosen locations to find features and fish, iron out possible issues, and we ONLY take Guest Anglers at suitable times of the year.
We know that being at the right location, at the right time, with the right bait or lure, presented in the right way is key to success when fishing for instinctively wary species like the Himalayan Golden Mahseer.
To this end our GREATEST Fish Guides tirelessly make sure everything is in place for our Guest Anglers to maximise their chances of catching a GREAT Fish.
GOLDEN MAHSEER TRIPS
Best Times of Year:
- 1st April to 14th June (inclusive)
- 1st October to 14th December (inclusive)
- Minimum: 5 Days Fishing
- Recommended: 8 Days Fishing
Current Trip Locations:
- Mahakali River, N. India
- Saryu River, N. India
- Beas River, N. India
- Ganges, N. India
- Ramganga River, N. India
- Seti River, Nepal
- Karnali River, Nepal
Number of Anglers:
- Minimum: 2 Anglers
- Maximum: 6 Anglers
(Note: A group of 3 or more Anglers can reserve the Camp for their sole use for the duration of their trip).
Standard of Service:
- Pre-Trip – Golden Mahseer Tackle Advice is provided to all Guest Anglers.
- Pre-Trip – Golden Mahseer Catch & Release Rules and Tackle Rules are provided to all Guest Anglers.
- Meet and Greet is provided at Airport Arrivals Terminal and Transfer to the GREATEST Fish Camp. Transfer back to the Airport Departures Terminal at end of the trip is provided and included in the trip price for all Guest Anglers.
- At the camp a GREATEST Fish Guide will be on-hand to assist Guest Anglers with tackle advice, angling techniques, camp related queries, and travel logistics.
- Our camps are an excellent standard with individual tented accommodation, a shower tent, a toilet tent, and a communal sheltered dining area. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner are included in the trip price. Meals can be served bankside as required.
- Non-Angling Partners are also welcome at camp at a reduced rate. Additional excursions such as; National Park Visits, Trekking, Birdwatching, Kayaking, Village & Temple Visits, and other excursions can be organised for you by The GREATEST Fish (just let us have suitable advanced notice please).
Trip prices vary depending on the Location, Number of Anglers, and the Trip Duration. Our trips as well as being focused and unique, are also very competitive. For Quotes with a draft Itinerary based on your preferred dates please contact us at Email: email@example.com
The legendary Himalayan Golden Mahseer:
Since the 1800s in freshwater few fish have captured the imagination like the Himalayan Golden Mahseer. This fish has an unparalleled combination of beauty and power with a reputation for instinctive intelligence which makes large Mahseer difficult to catch. Couple this with the fact that they live in rapid and rock strewn fast flowing rivers with changing conditions and you have a worthy opponent for the most accomplished angler.
These are the fish that comprehensively smashed rods, reels and lines when the Colonels and the Majors tried to use their salmon gear in the days of the Raj in colonial India. In the end, tackle-makers such as Hardy’s were forced to build a new range to cope with “Mahseer Power”.
Rudyard Kipling, the author of the classic “The Jungle Book” wrote: “There he stood, the Mahseer of the Poonch, beside whom the Tarpon is a Herring and he who catches him can say he is a fisherman”
Quite simply only once you have hooked, fought, landed, and seen close-up a BIG Golden Mahseer do you realise that the legends surrounding this GREAT Fish are all true!
Why not join the GREATEST Fish Team to track down, capture, and release your GREATEST Golden Mahseer and become part of the Legend!
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org